Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Return of The Chainsaw Kitten

Wrestled with Blogger for two hours yesterday to try to get a video a file of my first podcast uploaded. Videofile you say? We cut the thing on Final Cut Pro. As you can see, we are beating in the bushes here. And when we get out, we'll have four good tunes and some 'eh' narration.

Yesterday I grabbed Tyson Meade (former lead singer of The Chain Saw Kittens, Defenstration, Norman alterna power pop cult Godfathers) from a house he's staying in wait for his flight back to Shanghai and for one last show before then. The occaision was for an interview with The Gazette for an upcoming solo show that I found story worthy.
Tyson is the champion of Philip Rice, lead singer of The Neighborhood. The two will play solo sets.
I talked with both of them and let them talk to each other. Meade gave advice. Kind words all around and talks of the future and of this show coming up at Opolis July 26. Should be a good mix of folks there. The Norman hipsters of today, and the Norman hipsters of yore (whom I always assumed were a little crazier).

http://www.starlightmints.com/opolis.html

I took a break from transcribing to watch a video from The Kittens. I'm just coming to their music, and I find it invigorating, and sad and fun and everything that life in rock is supposed to be I think. Especially Loneliest China Place. Soaring guitars, sad topics.

I hear Meade's solo material is something to hear as well. Here's a video from the Kittens's good years.

http://isis67.multiply.com/video/item/336/Chainsaw_Kittens_-_Pop_Heiress_Dies

No comments: